How to Choose a Mobile Charger for Your Car!admin
It has happened to all of us…You are driving on your way to an important meeting when suddenly traffic in front of you grinds to a halt. For some unknowable reason you are stuck and have no hope of making your meeting on time. You reach for your smartphone to call ahead to manage the situation, but suddenly your day gets even worse, your phone’s battery is dead because you forgot to plug it in the night before. This typical situation is embarrassing and can cause real problems at work.
What you absolutely need to avoid these problems is of course, a phone charger for your car. This device will allow you to charge your phone while your car is running, ensuring that your phone can be used during emergencies or anytime power is necessary. In addition to emergencies, they are great for long commutes and are an essential backup to your home charger. Luckily, they are inexpensive and widely available. There are however, things that you should consider when buying a charger for your car. To help you find a charger that fits your car and your phone, here are some helpful tips.
How do these things work anyway?
Car chargers are small devices that utilize the 12V cigarette lighter or auxiliary power socket available in automobiles and convert the power into a USB output that is safe for phones, tablets and mobile devices. They allow you to charge your devices while simultaneously using them while the car is running.
Things to consider
One look around the market and you will see that there are thousands of USB car chargers available and at first glance many appear similar. However, not all car chargers are created equally! When shopping for a charger consider the following…
- Multiple USB Outputs – In today’s world, most of us have several essential mobile devices including phone, tablet, GPS and more. Some car chargers only include one USB charging outlet, while others provide two or more. Make sure that your charger can accommodate all your devices.
- Proper Amperage – How much power does your device need to charge in a timely manner? Choose a car charger that has the proper output to feed today’s power-hungry devices such as the new iPhone. 1.0 Amp chargers were once common, but for today’s devices, 2.1 and 2.4 amp chargers are becoming the norm. Using a lower-rated charger than your device requires will add hours to the recharge time.
- Configuration – Check that the size of the charger fits within the dashboard of the car without interfering with driving or other auto dash accessories. You may also choose a charger with a style that complements the colors of the car interior.
- Quality & Certifications – Make sure that you buy from a reputable supplier and one that provides the necessary safety certifications such as or Apple MFI if applicable to your device. Also, top quality car chargers will include built-in safety circuits to prevent overheating, overcharging and other dangers to your devices.
General tips for using your car phone charger
- You should always unplug the charger from the power source after you finish charging your phone or when the charger is not in use. This is because a plugged in charger could possibly drain the vehicles battery even if it is not charging a device.
- You should ensure that your phone, charger, and car power point are compatible. Check the input and output voltage of each component and test it during its first use.
- Always use the recommended charging cable and the recommended voltage and amperage rated for your device and car charger.
Having a good quality car charger is a must for today’s busy lifestyles. They keep your devices safely and quickly charged up, on the go and ready when you need them. Adding an auto mobile device charger makes a smart addition to any vehicle.