How to Choose the Best Adapter for Your Apple MacBook Proadmin
If you recently purchased or already own the new MacBook Pro laptop computer, you will discover and enjoy its amazing new features such as the Touch Bar that allows instant access to custom tools, a big (and cool) convenience. The MacBook Pro also stepped it up recently with a faster processor, increased power, and longer battery life.
Despite its amazing features, however you may experience several issues when you need to use your laptop with other devices. This is because the MacBook Pro has innovated beyond standard USB ports and now uses two or four Thunderbolt 3 external ports (two ports for the 13-inch model and four ports for the 15-inch model). The ports are a big improvement and can deliver as much as 40-Gb/s of throughput for twice the bandwidth of the Thunderbolt 2 model.
The problem is they are only compatible with USB-C connector types that are not yet common in many electronics, so you will definitely need solutions when connecting your laptop to other devices such as printers and peripherals. The good news is there is a solution to the problem. Adapters!
General tips for choosing an adapter for laptops
When buying an adapter for your laptop, you should determine the model number, as well as the power and amperage requirements of your device. These specifications are particularly important when you are trying to buy your adapter online. You must also check the type of cables used in the adapter. Another tip is to select a product with a higher quality (yes, it may also have a higher price) but it will result in cost-saving in the long-term as it will definitely last longer than cheap ones if you use them properly.
Recommended adapters for Apple MacBook Pro
To help you in your search for an ideal adapter for your MacBook Pro, here are some products that we recommend:
- 4-in-1 USB-C adapter – This adapter provides high data transfer speed of up to 5 Gbps. It contains one Type-C, one USB3.0, and two USB2.0 ports that are connected with an output Type-C port. This adapter is a plug & play device that is specifically designed for portable devices like wired keyboard, USB flash drives, and 2.5-mm external disks.
- USB-C to USB-A adapter – This device will only allow one standard USB device or cable at a time. The adapter can be used to charge up your phone, as well as other standard USB devices. It can also be used to transfer data at a high speed of up to 5Gbps. The adapter is also compatible with Chromebook Pixel and other USB-C devices.
- USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet adapter – With this device, you will be able to enjoy ultra-fast gigabit Ethernet speeds on your MacBook Pro or other USB-C-enabled devices. Just connect this plug and play device to your Ethernet cable and to your laptop and you are ready to go as it requires no setup. This adapter is ideal for streaming movies, downloading large files, and online gaming.
- USB 2.0 USB-C to USB-B Printer Scanner cable – When your printer or scanner has wireless support, you don’t need this accessory. But if your device needs a wired connection or your wireless printing is of poor quality, this cable will not let you down. This cable provides a faster and more secure connection over Wi-Fi during printing and scanning operations. It also supports hi-speed USB-2.0 data transfer rate of up to 480 Mbps.
- Satechi Slim Aluminum Type-C Multi-Port Hub adapter – This combination dock includes a USB-C pass-through port, two USB 3.0 ports, and an HDMI port with 4K (30Hz) support. This plug and play device does not need any software, drivers, or a complex installation process, so you will not encounter any issues when using it.
The MacBook Pro is a truly amazing innovation from our friends at Apple. They are the preferred laptop for designers, remote workers, and young people who care about doing things differently. And yes, we love them too. But with innovation comes effort and keeping your new MacBook connected with older, less advanced devices does take some work. With a few well-selected adapters, your trusted MacBook can play nice with older devices, phones, and other mobile devices.